Thursday, September 6, 2012

First Day of School!



So today was the big day! Luke started a Mother's Day Out program at our church - he will go on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 until 1. I have been a nervous wreck, worrying myself crazy about how it would go today. He has only been away from me a handful of times and never for more than 2-3 hours at a time. He always seems to enjoy being around other people and goes to anyone who wants to hold him, so I figured that he would be okay, but STILL!!!!!!

I packed his bag last night, got everything labeled, made his lunch, and got all teary as I saw everything sitting out on the counter. I made sure that he had a change of clothes, diapers, sippy cups, snacks, pacifiers (although he won't take one), a bib, and his cold pack.

We got there right on time and I took him into his classroom. It was so cute! They had all of the kids' names on little apples on the door. He had a little cubby for his bag and other things, and had a special bulletin board with his name on it where the teachers can write anything that I need them to know. His teachers are Mrs. Christy and Miss Linda and he seems to really like them! Mrs. Christy has been keeping this age group for 20 years, so I feel like he will be in very, very good hands! He crawled right on in and started playing with the other kids. I gave him a quick kiss and left - SO hard! I cried just a little, but pulled myself together before it got too bad ;-)




I met two of my friends for coffee at Panera (we had all dropped our babies off this morning) and I felt much better after that. I ran a few errands and then it was time to go pick up my boy! When I got there, he was being held by Mrs. Christy - she said that he wouldn't eat :-(, but that he had taken a good nap. She said that he did eat a few of his snacks, but wouldn't eat his baby food or drink his milk - I didn't expect him to, so that wasn't a big surprise.

We got in the car and he babbled the whole way home - it was like he was telling me all about his day. It was so cute! He didn't fall asleep for about 2 hours, so he must have been really wound up. Of course, no long nap this afternoon - he slept for about 45 minutes and then he was ready to go again!

I think this will be a good time for both of us - I need to get back to the gym and do the errands that are getting to be a bit tough with an active baby - I missed him like crazy and am glad that we have a few days before Tuesday rolls around!


No comments:

Post a Comment