Sunday, October 9, 2011

Perfect Timing

Well, I thought for SURE I would be posting baby pictures today! I guess this is the Lord's way of preparing me that my life is about to change in a major way. I have always been a bit of a stickler when it comes to being on time and being prepared - I have major anxiety about being late. I don't like letting others down and I hate the thought of someone waiting around on me!

My lateness anxiety really revs up when we travel...let me tell you (KB will heartily testify), I am truly a joy to travel with - HA! I get the shakes if we're not at the airport 3 hours before a flight to Atlanta...Lord, help us all if I ever take an international flight.  I like to take multiple "trial runs" before we go somewhere important - I am lucky that I ever get anyone to go anywhere with me!

HOWEVER, I am so grateful to know that the Lord's timing is perfect. I am overwhelmed by the thought that the little one who is being knitted together right now will join us at just the right time, in just the right circumstance. I have tried to focus on enjoying the calm and peace that is in our house right now. I even counted our afternoon outing to Wal-Mart as precious, as it will probably be a while before we both can just wander around and take our time looking at random stuff we don't need. Whether it is tonight, tomorrow, or next week, I know that we will be holding that precious baby soon...and that the Lord will be holding us through it all.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you. I know how hard it is to wait and how uncomfortable 9 months pregnant feels. It is a blessing though and you totally have the right attitude. Can't wait to see pictures!! Praying for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete