Monday, October 3, 2011

Photo Aversion

Let me preface this post by telling you that I haven't had any pictures taken since our wedding in 2000. I don't know why I am so picture-averse, but I truly am. Part of my aversion probably has to do with my clutter neurosis. I am a bit over-the-top when it comes to organization - the thought of pictures hanging out on the memory card or being thrown in boxes just makes me crazy. Also, the camera we have been using eats through batteries at an unacceptable rate - we only get 20-30 pictures per battery - and that just gets annoying and expensive!

HOWEVER, with Baby Burleson on the way, Kasey and I have made the commitment to be more photo-friendly. We bought a camera and are learning to use it - so far, we love taking pictures of our cats - Julio and Rashad are fabulous subjects. They will be 3 in November and we are just crazy about them. We aren't sure what they are going to think of their new brother/sister, but we think they will be very protective and curious.
                                                     This is Rashad - he is such a little love!
                                            Julio is our big cat - he is obsessed with this blanket.

ANYWAY, enough about my neurosis and our cats. To make sure that we capture Baby Burleson's big moments, we have hired an amazing photographer. Her name is Carmen Michael and you should check out her website at www.cbmphoto.com or her awesome blog at www.cbmphotoblog.com - she is just brilliant! (And no, I have not been compensated in any way for the endorsement - she is just so good that I want everyone to know about her!) She will be capturing Baby Burleson's first year and we couldn't be more excited.

Remember what I said earlier about not having any pictures taken since my wedding? Well, I decided that I would have my once per decade photos taken a few weeks back...I mean, why not? 8 months pregnant? check. Swollen face, legs and ankles? check. Barely able to move? check. These were taken at the beautiful home and yard of my sweet friend, Bea.  While these were being taken, Bea was inside putting the finishing touches on what was a FABULOUS baby shower - it was SO much fun!




Hopefully, Baby B will make his/her debut soon! I'm heading out to do a little walking this afternoon - maybe that will encourage Baby B to join us in the world!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my word!! You are just as gorgeous as ever...and 8 months pregnant - I am totally jealous. So excited to hear if baby is boy or girl and to hear their name. Praying for an amazing and healthy delivery. SO very happy for you and SO excited you now have a blog so I can appropriately stalk your sweet family! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You - crazy about organization??? Now that's absurd :) I Love You and I'm FINALLY feeling much better, so I'm ready to meet Baby B! Call me if you need ANYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to take more pictures the first week that baby is born than you have ever taken in your ENTIRE life! And it will be so fun. Learn to use that camera now because you don't want to miss those special moments!

    ReplyDelete