Thursday, April 19, 2012

Shots are Not Fun


We went to the pediatrician yesterday for Luke's 6 month checkup. He weighed in at 17 pounds, 13 ounces and was 26 3/4 inches long. He was in the 65th percentile for height and weight, but that big ole noggin still puts him in the 90th percentile for head circumference. Dr. Brian was really happy with his motor skills and other developmental milestones! We have been working really hard on tummy time and sitting, so we will keep it up! Luke was so well behaved at his appointment and had all of the nurses smiling....

And then came last night - my usually easy baby was so upset and felt horrible. He spiked a small fever, so I gave him some Tylenol. He just cried and cried in his crib, so I went to rock him for a little while. He fell asleep, but the minute I tried to put him back in his crib, he just cried. I have never seen him so clingy, so we held him all night. At one point last night, his fever had jumped to 102.5, so I called the on call nurse, but she told me that we didn't need to worry unless the fever got to 105 - I can tell you that if his fever ever gets anywhere CLOSE to 105, we will be making our way to Children's! We snuggled up in the recliner in the nursery and he just whimpered and we rocked all night - he finally fell asleep about 4 and we both slept until about 8:30 or so. Poor daddy had to get up and go to his early Thursday meeting...no sleeping in for him! Luke woke up and seemed to feel better and his fever finally broke around noon. He played this afternoon and went to sleep easily tonight - fingers crossed that he stays comfortably asleep!

I am going to try to take a break from packing and go to bed early tonight - of course, I will probably not be able to fall asleep - too much to do around here to really relax! Luckily, my sweet mother in law came over last night and took all of my ironing to her house - I usually love laundry and ironing, but with all of the stuff I'm trying to get done for the move, it was really nice to have that chore taken off my hands!

Sweet dreams to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment